Monday, August 22, 2011

And the ultrasound says...

Well, we had our ultrasound Friday past, and it says it's a girl! I'm super excited to not only add to my family, but to get ready to welcome "daddy's girl". Seeing the bond my wife has with her dad, makes me that much more excited to build this relationship with my own daughter. Sure, there will be several challenges, but what would parenthood be without them?

The ultrasound itself was great! We decided to bring the O-man with us to see his baby sister on the screen, and, well, it wasn't The Wiggles, so he was less then entertained. He was very fussy in the room, playing with the chair, tapping J's belly (which made for an interesting view on the monitor) and pulling the sticky gelly messed towels out of the laundry hamper. He did stop and look when he heard baby-girls heartbeat, as he usually does at our Midwife appointments! But, that's as entertained as he was. This ultrasound makes the pregnancy, and the upcoming arrival of our daughter even more exciting and real. J and I cannot wait to add a little girl to our family.

Just thought I'd share with you all our ultrasound update. I know this post is none too exciting, but I had a few minutes downtime at work, so I thought I'd throw up an update. Tomorrow, we are off to the midwife, so I'll be sure to give you all a head's up about how that went, and share a bit with you of how our date night went on Friday.

Until then, trust birth,
B

P.S. Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Jack Layton, and all of Canada. Today, we lost a truly inspirational and caring politician. RIP Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment