Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy International Women's Day

Hello again! My apologies for the extreme delay in writing. To say I have been busy is an understatement, and to say I wouldn't have it any other way is the absolute truth!! First off, Happy International Women's day to all the mom's, sister's, aunts, grandmothers out there! You all truly deserve this day, a day to think about just how special you all are!!


Of late, J and I have been really busy enjoying being parent's of two. Little O-man has truly grown into the role of big brother, and I could not be prouder of him. It seems he has grown so much in the two + months that Baby Girl E has been with us. He loves his little sister! Although I haven't been posting much (I plan to do a bit more!), I have had a ton of thoughts going through my head. A post I am working in is a "second-reality" of what things might be like if midwives and doula's were the only professionals who played a roll in childbirth. Of course, we all know that midwives and doulas can only handle low-risk pregnancies, so the Doctor's would still play a role. But what if giving birth at home, with a trained midwife and doula team, was still the norm? Would there still be negative stigma's attached to this? What if Hollywood or a network tv grabbed on to the idea? I wonder if people's opinion's would change. What do you think?


In going through the pregnancy of our two children, I really realized how little there is out there to support men through the pregnancy. Yes, I know we don't directly experience the physicalness of a pregnancy, but emotionally it is huge on a guy. That is one of the main reasons I started this little support blog, FB and twitter feed, to try and help out my fellow males. I'm always available to chat and have a coffee with any dad (or mom) who just wants to talk to see what goes through the male-brain during a pregnancy. To also help with this, I'm working with a local organization in Saskatoon to help bring a course to the city of bridges that is solely for new and expectant dads. Stay tuned for details by following the blog, FB or twitter!


That's all I have for now! Thanks for reading today.


Trust birth,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment