Tuesday, April 9, 2013

So what is Boot Camp for New Dads?

I get this question a lot. People who know me and know what my passion in life is and what I do on evenings and weekends ask, "so what is boot camp for new dads". I explain it as the best opportunity an expectant father has to discover what it is like to be a father, and to see fatherhood up close and personal. While that may be a tad cliché, it is true. At Boot Camp for New Dads SK, we have two groups of dads the expectant fathers (a.k.a. rookies) and the new or fairly new dads (a.k.a. the veterans), and their babies! While I facilitate and steer the discussion, the veteran dads are called on to give their experiences with each discussion topic and the rookies can ask any questions. During the second hour of the 3-hour program, we break into mini groups and the rookies rotate around the veteran dads and babies to ask questions, talk and see fatherhood! This is my favorite part and I enjoy walking around the room, listening in to the different discussions. I always tell the rookies to ask the same question to each veteran and they will not get the same answer twice! As long as I have been doing boot camp, they have never got the same answer. Just like each birth is different for every couple, so too is the fatherhood journey for each dad! The last hour is more discussion and fun! Check out this promo video from Boot Camp for New Dads HQ:


Share this with every expectant dad you know! I look forward to working with them and all the fathers that I see. For registration dates and times, check out the Boot Camp for New Dads SK page on the side of the saskadad site. 

In fatherhood,
Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment