Monday, June 10, 2013

Zone defense

With Roughrider training camp underway in the Bridge City, I thought it was timely to write this. When I teach my monthly dads prenatal class, I sometimes use sports analogies, among others, to make some points or to provide clarity. As I think about it, raising kids is one of the most exciting games you could ever play. A dad gets to be a coach and a player in the lives of his kids, and some of my favorite times with O and E are when we are playing in the park or when I am a horse and O is the farmer. We get to learn every day from the kids and have to figure out new plays when our old ones get figured out or just don't work anymore. J and I have mastered man-to-man defense with O and E, but this November, the month of the 101st Grey Cup, we will need to review our defensive skills and master zone defense as we welcome baby #3. My team is growing, and I couldn't be happier. O is quite excited for the little arrival and Miss E, well I know she'll love being a big sister. 

Here is how we told our families:

Happy Monday everyone! Have a good week.

~ B

No comments:

Post a Comment