Thursday, January 24, 2013

#DADuary 2013 A

Wow! Still really late in my publishing for DADuary 2013. Life is really busy these days, and I wouldn't change it for anything! I write these up in advance (well, except for my usual intros) and then it apparently takes me some time to actually get on her to post them. Anyway, continuing with DADuary 2013, here is my week 3 post. I'm going to try and post week 4 on Saturday, hold me to it!

--
R
E
A. Adventure out with the wife and/or family I chose the wife on this one, it had been some time since we have gone out alone.

I write this after a wonderful "date-day" with my lovely wife. After teaching Bootcamp for New Dads this morning, I zoomed home to get some time in with my kids, while excitedly readying myself for our upcoming date. Thanks to my parents for spending the afternoon and part of the evening with the kids!

J and I decided to take in a movie and after taking a look through the listings at Galaxy downtown, we chose Les Misérables. Without going into a formal review (which I plan to do), I will say this production was brilliant. While it was a little long, and some of the singing was questionable, the story felt so real and the acting and singing was phenomenal. Kudos to the director and the cast on this one! We left the theatre still thinking and talking about the tear-jerker of a movie, and deciding we would like to purchase the DVD.

After our movie, we headed over to our favourite all-you-can eat Sushi place downtown, and finished off the evening with our favourite food and some quality time together. When we go out, we do our best to not talk about the kids, but talk about each other. Those of you with kids of your own, know that this can be a challenge, and for the most part we were successful!

I know that J and I will be doing more of these "adventures" in the near-future. Not only are they a lot of fun, but it is really important for two parents to remember that they need to take care of each other as much as their kids, so finding time for one-another is key.

Happy DADuary everyone,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment