Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Miss Ezzy!

I have been making a point to write a letter to my kids on their birthday's. My plan is to package them up when they each turn 18 and give them a little booklet of love from their dad.

Here is my first letter to Esmée on her 1st birthday. A little late in getting it published, but here it is.

In fatherhood,
B
---



                                              December 22nd, 2012 Your 1st Birthday

Dear Esmée,

Wow, I cannot believe you are 1 already! In just twelve short months you have grown from a teeny little newborn baby girl, into a beautiful little girl that I am so proud of already. From the moment your mom and I found out we were having you, our little girl, I was ecstatic. Every dad wants his own little girl to care for, to watch grow, to respect, to love and to teach how she deserves to be treated. Years away I know, but I want you to grow up to know that you are beautiful no matter what others say. You are beautiful because you are and always will be loved just for being you. 

I enjoy every day with you, watching you learn how to navigate your surroundings in new ways - crawling into trouble, climbing onto things you shouldn't climb on, screaming when Otys touches your dress! All of these things make you my little Miss Ezzy and every time you climb into trouble as a little 1 year old, I chuckle and laugh. My favourite thing to do with you is to have blabbering baby talk conversations with you. I say "ba" and you say "DA-DA!", we blabber in a language that only you and I understand, and I love every minute of it. 

Ezzy, we have only spent a year together, but you have given me so much joy and you and your brother truly make getting up to start each day, such an exciting adventure. I am looking forward to watching you grow even more and developing a bond with you that only a dad and his daughter can have. You are my little blue-eyed beauty, and I am so very proud of you. 

Thanks for being you Miss Ezzy. Happy 1st Birthday.

Love,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment