Monday, January 14, 2013

#DADuary 2013 E

I didn't get around to publishing week two at the end of last week. My lovely wife works casual in a Nursing home, while running a daycare full-time, and was on night's this weekend. I had a blast hanging out with my kids, while mom slept. We enjoyed some daddy time while we played and cuddled over some movies.

And now, to DADuary...

R
E - Encourage other dads. Do something special for another dad.

I guess this one was easy, since I do it every day. Since starting Bootcamp for New Dads this past June, under the guidance of my colleague Lisa at Birth Rhythms in Saskatoon, I have had the privilege of being able to offer unique father support to new and expecting dads. One day, I'd like to make a career out of helping other dads and families, but for now, it can be my "passion on-the-side". Today, I was able to help an expecting dad and answer some questions for him about fatherhood, labour and delivery, and supporting his wife. I get really excited when I have these conversations and really put a lot of passion into it. After some chatting, I convinced, encouraged rather, him to attend Bootcamp for New Dads and will be seeing him soon.

Also this week, I will be kicking of the 2013 session of Bootcamp for New Dads and helping another group of dads-to-be on their journey towards fatherhood. There is still time to register

Later this week I'll be publishing #DADuary 2013 Week 3 - Adventure out with the wife and/or family. I'll probably have an adventure (a.k.a. Date night sans kids) with just my wife on Friday, maybe dinner and a movie and then adventure with the O-man and Miss E on the weekend, which is what we love to do.

In fatherhood,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment